Monday, August 27, 2007

Yesterday, I visited my friend and organic chemistry lab partner, Chris, at his new place in west Philly. It's a really nice place. He's already started his first year of med school at a different school, but still in Philadelphia. He made me some very good pancakes from scratch for brunch. These pancakes were very fluffy and airy. A remarkable treat. Afterwards we took a long walk around his campus.

Then I drove to my school, took my inaugural first-shit-of-the-second-year-of-medschool and lifted weights. After that, I came home, cleaned up a little, straightened up the house, and watched a little bit of the eagles-steelers game.

Remarkably, I drove into Philly, parked twice, each time less than two blocks from my destination, and received no parking tickets. I was also able to avoid any fender benders. Yeah!

Today was my second year orientation. After the orientation, I am excited, but nervous. There is a ton of new material to learn, but the stuff we're learning this year is what we came to school to learn.

I've got to go pick up Jill and the kids at the airport tonight. My dad is coming too. I'm really looking forward to seeing them, but I'm nervous that Jill will be angry with my dad, after having spent the weekend with him, and will wreak her vengeance upon me. I don't think their visit went as well as she had hoped. We'll see....

No comments: