Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I arrived in NJ at 12:30 AM today (that's technically today, though I would consider it last night because I slept after my arrival.) I woke up at 8:30 AM to go get some blood work done at the doctor's office. They drew their blood, then I went to the post office to priority mail Jill's driver's license back to her. After that, I went to the hardware store to look at wood stains. Then, home for lunch. While my lunch was cooking, I had a long phone chat with my dad. After lunch, I went to the library and signed Ben up for a music class for toddlers. I think he'll love it. Also, I checked out a book for myself, "The man who mistook his wife for a hat," by Oliver Sacks. It's a neurology case studies book, but is well written and interesting enough to be read by non-neurologists (or so I'm told - we'll see).

After the library, I went to the grocery store and got some stuff for dinner today, tomorrow, and Thursday. Today, tuna mac; tomorrow; salmon with green beans and potatoes; Thursday, turkey chili and grilled cheese sandwich. After the grocery store, I came back home and unloaded the groceries, then I moved all furniture and everything else out of my bedroom.

After moving everything out of the bedroom, I went to home depot and rented two large machines used for refinishing floors; a drum sander and an edger. I got home, unloaded the machines, made dinner, and started sanding at 7:15. I finished sanding at about 10:40, and my next door neighbor helped me load the drum sander back into the car.

It sounds like I did a lot today, and I guess I did, but I never felt panicked or rushed. I often thought to myself throughout the day, "Should I hurry and get this done so I can do the next thing on my list?"

"Nah..."

The kids are with Jill back in Wisconsin. They are eating her alive.

No comments: