Friday, August 24, 2007

AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH! I am trying to get my new laptop set up and am angry, angry, angry. I was unable to use my old copy of symantec antivirus, which means I have to switch to McAffee (wierd...) which was included on the new machine and is compatible with windows vista. I got some heartening advice that it was easy to install XP, so I tried it. It may be easy for some, but not for me.

Unfortunately, manufacturer drivers were only available for Windows Vista. I tried looking on OEM sites, and after a few hours, ran out of time. I will have to run an 'out-of-the-box' restore to return the laptop to factory condition. Then I will have to figure out a way to make sure that the McAfee virus protection stays up to date.

More depressingly, I will be unable to avoid the new headaches and heartaches that micro$oft has forced upon me by, once again, changing their fucking menus, buttons, and control panels.



On a brighter note, I put the last coat of polyurethane on the bedroom floor this morning. It looks great. When Jill arrives on Monday evening, she'll be pleased.

Later tonight, I'm going out for a 'post-exam party.' Second year students haven't had an exam, but we get to tag along with the first year student party. Some folks from my study group and I will go for a few hours.

1 comment:

Rokeach said...

Moohahaha!
Steve Jobs