Sunday, July 08, 2007

Dear friends, family, and creepy anonymous blog readers, I am posting again to try to update you with what is going on here in Jersey, where only the strong survive.

Jill bought a ton of stuff at the local farmers market, where, oddly, not much of the produce is organic. Having to choose between local and organic, we pick locally grown - a smaller carbon footprint. I'm blogging while cooking. Jill is giving Ben a bath. He's crabby and exhausted from poor napping today. We're having leftover bean soup with some swiss chard sauteed in garlic and oil for dinner tonight. Swiss chard is a rare vegetable that I don't particularly care for but seems to be stalking me up and down the east coast as we ate some swiss chard last week when we were visiting my grandma on Lawn Guylen. I will probably also eat a side of egg salad. For desert, everyone's favorite LEMON PUDDING.

May is watching the end of 'Finding Nemo.' She had a good day today. May is now between zero and one naps each day. I took the kids to the library this afternoon, and on the way home we took a forty-five minute stroll. In order to be sure May didn't fall asleep on the stroll we played a 'who can scream and grunt?' game. Thankfully, both my kids can scream AND grunt.

For those who haven't talked to me since my last post, Benjamin walks. He's not very graceful, and he walks as if he were a robot in lead boots. He clunks around the house, grabs some of his sisters stuff, waits for his sister to protest, then hollers right back at her.

I'm still in the literature search phase of my summer research project. I was able to finish my anatomy review, and am beginning my biochem review. As you can imagine, it's fascinating stuff.

1 comment:

Rakesh said...

Sam, we're waiting for y'all to get here to get up to some kiddly hi-jinks.