Friday, July 13, 2007

I don't know if you've read this in my blog(s) before, but the philadelphia area is very humid. The other day, I was coming home from Jefferson and descended to the train platform. As I came down the stairs, condensation formed on my glasses. Here's another problem. The humid air condenses on the concrete floors of the subway stations, making it a slick, wet, and dangerous surface. I try to never run in the subway or train stations.

Today I was walking my cousin's old suit downtown to get it altered to fit me for my other cousin's (on the other side of my parent's divorce) wedding. As I'm walking down Fern Ave. I see the following peculiar site:

A squirrel sprinting across the road with a small bird in close pursuit. The bird is flying very close to the ground, at the same level as the squirrel, and the bird periodically stabs at the squirrel with its feet. They run across the street with the bird in hot, violent pursuit. Finally, the squirrel runs up a tree on the opposite side of the street. The bird lands on a nearby branch of the same tree and they sit for a moment together before the bird flies back to my side of the street. What gives? Your comments are appreciated.

Even more remarkable is that after relating this bizarre occurrence to my wife, she admits to having seen the very same event on the very same location of the very same street about a week ago. Curiouser and curiouser...

Benjamin is running around the kitchen with his toy broom and dustpan as I write this. His toy mop is a special favorite, but he's not using it right now. Benjamin enjoyed a pretty wild game of 'whale on the mountain' with May and I earlier this morning. Whale On The Mountain is played by picking a kid up off my bed carrying him/her around the room and dropping them on a large pile of pillows and tickling indiscriminately. The dialog closely mimics the children's book of the same name.

The tailor had already left the cleaners for today so I have to return on Tuesday morning. As I was walking back from the cleaners, the pants I brought for alteration slipped out. I noticed and ran all around looking for them. Someone found them on the street and brought them back to the cleaners. I was relieved.

No comments: