Sunday, September 02, 2007

Today my wife and I celebrated our 6th anniversary. We got hoagies (a Philadelphia word for submarine sandwiches) and went to the park for a picnic while a neighbor watched the kids for a few hours. After the picnic we went to a shop called 'The Christmas Tree Shops' that Jill likes a lot. They have a lot of decorative things there that I am not interested in, but they do have some good deals on food and there are generally good bargains to be found. We got separated in the store when I kept nagging her about leaving and she sent me to the food section.

When we got back to the house, the kids were having a good time, but were very tired. Benjamin didn't take his afternoon nap today. Both kids were a pain in the neck all afternoon.

On the bright side, we saw Pan's Labyrinth last night and really enjoyed it. A little violent, and a little to adult-fairy-tale, but still a cool movie.

I've been hearing a lot of noise about poor Miss South Carolina lately on the internet. If you know about her geographic agnosia and have overcome the bleak depression that her comments have brought upon you and are ready to move on, check out this clip for a good yuck...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cBQXgFn6TQ&mode=related&search=

If you haven't already seen the original, search for it on you tube first.

I feel bad because all of my extended family is visiting my grandma on Lawn Gisland this weekend, but having just gotten back from a really long vacation, we declined to attend the family function. I may try to go out for a visit during october or november. We may even go there for thanksgiving, if Jill thinks that's OK.

I have to finish writing a letter to my other grandparents tonight. They recently moved to a new nursing home in NC and I feel like I should write them more often. Grandpa is deaf as a stone and can't talk on the phone and grandma is a shade on the crazy side. So, they're good people to communicate with through written means.

2 comments:

Rokeach said...

As the Daily Show says,"Six F**ing Years!"
It seems like just yesterday when I was meeting Jill (from Chicago) (that's how I had her pegged for the first few months).
And now she's the mother of your children.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary, Dudes! I'll buy you some pizza or cheese steaks when I get to Philly.