Thursday, September 20, 2007

At 6:30 today, fifteen minutes before the alarm went off, May got up and needed to use the bathroom. I brought her to the bathroom and helped her out, then got her back into the bed with Jill. I turned off my alarm clock and snuck down stairs without waking up anyone! I am very happy about this, as Jill, I'm sure, would like the extra sleep.

We found out yesterday that Ben's toddler music class will be delayed until after the new year. We may have to sign him up for a class that we have to pay for.

I'm a little sore from doing yoga last night, but not that bad.

This week we are learning about viruses in school. The Norwalk Cruise Ship virus has no phospholipid bilayer enveloping it, so once it gets onto something, like a cooktop or someone's hands, it cannot be removed with soap and water. Normal flu and herpes (I think) viruses do have an active membrane used in spreading infection that can be destroyed with detergent action.

The bottom line: wash your hands with soap and water a lot during flu season to keep from getting sick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Free medical advice...sweeeet!