Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Everyone woke up early this morning. I set my alarm for 6:45, and I remember hitting snooze, but I think everyone was up before then. May came in and told us that Pink Puppy ( a prominent stuffed animal in the pantheon) had an accident in bed. We thought that Pink Puppy might be a fall guy for the accident in bed, but as it turned out, May's bed was dry. She does a pretty good job of going all night without accidents.

Before I left for school this morning, I asked May to play quietly during Jill's afternoon nap. We'll see how that goes. Yesterday May, Jill, and Ben went apple picking with May's school. Jill didn't feel like they got enough time to pick apples.

Benjamin has been wilder than usual lately. He has developed a temper-tantrum-precursor in which, when disappointed, he runs wildly and smashes his whole body against the lower kitchen cupboards while screaming. His hot dog eating is slowing down. Mostly, I think, because I bought cheap, gritty hot dogs rather than the silky smooth Oscar Meyer that he's been enjoying so much. Yesterday he was throwing sand while playing in the sandbox and I had to close the sandbox.

I had something in my eye all morning long, but it seems to have resolved itself.

My new coffee thermos arrived in the mail today. It looks smaller, but it holds as much liquid as my old thermos; one red coffee cup plus a little extra.

No comments: