Thursday, January 17, 2008

Yesterday, I ground up some unlabeled coffee beans in hope that they were caffeinated. Everything seemed to be going fine until I got off my train. When leaving the subway, I couldn't decide which set of stairs to take. Should I take the north stairs or the south stairs? Then, when I got above ground, I couldn't decide in which building I should study; library or alumni hall? Finally I stumbled to the library cafe and got some caffeine from a machine that urinates coffee into a cup. It was OK coffee.

Unfortunately, I've adulturated the pure caffienated coffee with the flavored uncaffienated coffee. My plan this morning was to mix the gross Martinson's coffee (a suboptimal pre-ground variety) with the adulturated Melitta. I added enough Martinson's to ensure adequate caffiene dosing and enough adulturated-flavored-decaf/Melitta to palliate the granular-dirty flavor of the Martinsons.

In fairness, Jill warned me that the coffee I might drink yesterday could be decaf. I told her, "I'm prepared for that possibility."

2 comments:

Rokeach said...

But you weren't, were you? Eh? Eh?

barasch said...

True enough, I was not ready. Boastful, prideful, and over confident - I paid the price. $0.85 at the coffee machine, to be precise.

:-)