Tuesday, January 01, 2008

We didn't have a party to go to last night, so Jill babysat for our friends Kris and Keith on New Year's Eve. We were torn about it, but they had a party to go to and we didn't want to hire a babysitter and go to a bar or restaurant where we didn't know anyone, and, other than my wife, no-one wants to babysit on NY'sE. If you don't have kids, wouldn't you rather go out and party?

Anyway, I stayed up late riding my excercycle and reading. Then just before midnight, I called Jill on the phone and we counted down together.

Because we were up so late, the kids got up extra early. May woke up about 6:30, and Ben a short while later. Ben screamed and yelled to make certain that neither of his parents could sleep.

After breakfast, Ben cheered up. He blew on his kuzoo (shaped like a trumpet) and ran around in a twelve-inch-diameter circle, alternately jumping and flapping his arms. May quietly read The Lorax and said, "Quiet, Benjamin. I'm trying to read."

My mom's ex-law partner died on Sunday, so I'm flying to Ohare today. I fly back very late tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Charlie died? Well, wowee.

Hey, we're in Kenosha together on the same day! I should have read your blog earlier and we could have hung out with Maklezow.