Friday, November 02, 2007

I had a nice day today. I attended lecture and felt like I knew what was going on, which happens to me occaisionally, and I had a few nice conversations. I had a nice conversation with Perry, the new guy who lives down the street. His wife works in Princeton and he takes care of his daughters (3 and 1 y.o.) all weekend while his wife drives their car to princeton. He's a nice guy, has traveled widely, and seems to have similar values. We talked about running and exercise and local bike paths.

Also, on the train was a strange east-coast-type lady. She was at least middle age, very thin, and wore a black above-the-knee skirt and a black suit-coat. She had black Keaunu-Reeves-in-the-Matrix style wrap around sunglasses. She had some sort of heavy metal/disco music blasting out of her Ipod. The Ipod was so loud that it almost disturbed my conversation with Perry. I kept thinking, "Why is this middle aged woman dressed so strangely and rocking out to her strange music at 8:30 in the morning? Why is she wearing sunglasses on the subway?"

Later in the day, I had a cup of coffee with my friend Kelley. He used to be a fireman before coming to medical school, and for some reason, he has some rental property in Honduras. Last year, Kelley asked for my advice on some thorny relationship issues, which I gave to the best of my ability. Again, we talked about his relationship issues. My advice for this year, "Troll the internet for women."

Tonight I went to a convenience store chain that is local to the Philly area, WaWa, and got Jill and myself 'Italian Hoagies' for dinner. These are submarine sandwiches with Italian style lunch meats. I added LTO, oregano, vinegar, and oil to our subs. WaWa has a computer ordering system, so you never need to talk to the person making the sandwich. You only need to punch in your order and run your card through the machine.

Both kids came with me to Wawa and were very well behaved. Jill made them chicken nuggets, fresh from the freezer, for dinner.

No comments: