Thursday, March 22, 2007

The temptation to abandon the blog is great as my exam approaches. As promised earlier, however, I will not blog about exam anxiety.

This morning, at breakfast, my daughter bit me on my shoulder - really hard. I got a bruise, and she got a three minute time out. She bit me yesterday on the other shoulder equally hard, and was nipping me all through breakfast, but just as I cut into my grapefruit, she scored a direct hit.

Benjamin is sick. He's got a double ear infection. He's been practicing kissing with me, so I got his cold (the cold primary to the ear infection).

Last night, I did some yoga, so I'm a little sore today, but my hernia doesn't hurt at all. Very successful.

Sadly, I have begun playing my video game again. For those of you who don't know it, I have struggled with an addiction to Ancient Domains of Mystery for the last several years. It is an incredibly difficult and complex game. It is an excellent adaptation of dungeons and dragons, has a large number of side-quests, characters, races, etc. Graphics are a little lacking: it's graphics are based upon the ASCII character set. That means a kobold appears as a green 'k' on the screen, dragons appear as a 'D' (different color D's for different color dragons, of course), and your character appears as an '@'. My current character is a level 19 archer with a blessed hatchet of devastation and the Iron Gauntlets of War.

No comments: