Monday, March 12, 2007

I wore a cardigan sweater today. I love the cardigan as a fashion statement. It really says, "I dress like Mr. Rodgers and I don't care what you think about it." It's not something that is mildly un-stylish; it is a heinous fashion offense. Everyone, even my father, knows that cardigans went out of style in the late 50's/early 60's along with glee clubs, sock hops, and do-wop. Anyway, those of you who know me know that I'm totally comfortable leading the vanguard of style and perhaps after 40 years in remission, the cardigan sweater could be making a come back.

Today the weather is pretty mild. I will pack my vest and beanie into my backpack on the train ride home. I'm skipping my micro-anatomy lab to write this, but the labs are on-line, so I can do it later this afternoon or tonight.

In medical school there are many free lunch events available. Usually, they give away food to attract students to listen to a speaker who tries to recruit you into their specialty or con you into volunteering at their clinic. Today I went to a lecture about pediatric emergency medicine. A few weeks ago I went to a lecture on vascular surgery (ick).

Yesterday I had a big struggle getting my daughter to eat breakfast. She somehow got the idea in her head (probably a misunderstood comment from Jill) that some 'special rolls' were available for breakfast. When there were no cinnamon rolls or donuts to be found, she went on breakfast strike and would not eat. We battled it out for fifteen minutes or so until I managed to sit her down and get her to eat her bowl of frosted mini-wheats.

Benjamin was very well behaved yesterday. It was daylight savings time, so he took all his naps 1 hr later than usual. Lately, I've been staying home from church when Jill sings in the choir (she has to get there an hour early and we only have one car) so that Ben can get his nap. If Ben goes to church, he is too wild to sleep. Yesterday, Ben got a bath which is the highlight of his day. He kept trying to jump into the tub before the water was in there. He doesn't cry when he gets his hair washed like May does.

1 comment:

Erik said...

Hi Sam,

Thanks for sharing your blog life with us. It is a pleasure to hear from you and know that you all are doing so well.


Erik Engel