Monday, March 21, 2011

Last weekend we were in Kenosha again - Jill is helping my dad in the Barasch Tax Accounting Salt Mines.

The kids stayed with my mom for a few hours while I ran some errands. Though for everyone's sanity, and so the kids have a healthy understanding of boundaries, we are usually quite structured in regards to mealtimes and bedtimes, things always go erratically with feedings and bed times when you travel. After I dropped the kids off at my mom's, El Destructo says to her, "I want 4 slices of ham for my snack." This is, mind you, at 9 AM. Frequent readers are familiar with El Destructo's diet. Frequent readers will be relieved that El Destructo has broadened his palate from frosting and processed meat to include many things recognizable as "food" even prior to the corporate domination of diet.

Mom had intended to take the kids to the park after Ben gorged on ham, but immediately after he ate, May visits the kitchen. "I'm hungry." And Nana has to go to work making macaroni and cheese and fried chicken. May described it to me later by saying, "And, before you knew it, it was a feast!" They had pineaple, beets, spinach, strawberries, and bananas.

I had a nasty cup of coffee while watching the Valvoline guys change the oil.


All in all things are well here. I plan to get my bicycle repaired this week and will start biking to work again. I am working right now on a brilliantly creative neuropathology gross description.

Jill's job evaded certain destruction when a Dane county judge ruled that the passage of the Job Destruction Bill was passed in a voting session before the public was given adequate notice of the vote. Thus, the judge has ruled that the law, though passed and signed, cannot be published. Without publication, state agencies are unable to enforce the edicts of the law. That is, until those crazy guys on the other side of the aisle come up with some new trick.

Other political news includes an upcoming pro-zombie march. I think the pro-zombie march is this weekend. We're big supporters of the rights of the dead, and also the living dead, to receive equal respect as animate, physiologically appropriate people. I'll try to post some pictures of the zombie liberation rally next week.

I'm thinking about running the Crazylegs Race this year.

No comments: