Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Last week, I went to the doctor's office. I had Ben with me and was waiting for the doctor when my phone rang. It was a real estate agent I wanted to talk to about selling our house. I scrambled around the doctor's office trying to find a writing implement. I searched all the drawers and under the sink - nothing to write with. So, I couldn't write down the guy's phone number.

After the doctor came in and talked with me for a while, Benjamin spoke up, "Um, Doctor, my Dad needs something to write with." The doctor was impressed and gave him a lollypop.

Walking May home from school the other day, her friend, Andrew, came running behind us and from about a half a block away was calling her name. May ran over to him and gave him a hug. When she came back she told me, "Andrew and I are on the Listening Side of the Class." She then listed the other kids in her class who were "Listeners." It was a short list.

I'm all faklempt about leaving Jersey today. I've been trying to drown my sorrows in Anime. I've come across a pretty good show, "Mezzo." In short, a girl, a punk rocker, and a lightly older guy ("Pops") are assassin-detective-rockstars. I'm sure that when I say "assassin-detective-rockstar" great volumes of images are generated in your head. Good.

In the episode I watched tonight, the older of the main characters has the following to say after they begin to uncover the latest plot: "I knew something bad was happening here. You could smell it in the air; like cookies; evil cookies." I laughed out loud, told Jill about it, and then wrote this blog entry.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Evil cookies leave a taint like John Zizzo.

By the way, there is a good chance I'll be leaving my current town, and though I've only been here a year I also feel all bothered about it. I hate leaving my students behind.

Rokeach said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rokeach said...

As I was asking, what's "faklempt"? Are you going to be using your fancy Jersey words on us when you get here? Cause we don't like that kind of thing, here'n.

barasch said...

You'll have to read about Faklempt in Joys of Yiddish. It means highly emotional with a connotation of disress.

Rokeach said...

I googled it but good. The experience left me quite faklempt, myself.