Tuesday, June 09, 2009

The kids always have a hard time getting to sleep. Not anything unusual, it's just that they don't want to go to sleep because we eat ice cream and watch TV after they go to sleep. Everyone knows. So When El Destructo 'wakes up' 40 minutes after he's been 'put to bed' he stands at his door and calls, 'Mommmmmmmmaaaaaaaaa!' until Jill comes and tries to get him back into bed. Unless I am the one who tries to get him back into bed. In this case, he says, 'You're not the one I wanted!' and cries.

May has been doing some crying lately as well. When I need to leave in the morning, she stands in front of the door and cries and cries. I tell her that I'll be home for dinner but it doesn't help a lot. She just cries and cries.

Ben is doing better on the potty and tonight looked very thoughtful while he was getting his jammies on. Being in such deep thought, I assumed he had to use the potty and I was right.

As it turns out, a spot opened for me to study pathology in Milwaukee during August. Yay! That means I'll be going back to the midwest for a month this summer. I'll be studying in the pathology department at Medical College of Wisconsin during the week, but will probably have some time free on the weekends.

No comments: