Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tonight for bed, May wanted to read her 'Jimmy Neutron' book. She said, "I really like this Jimmy Neutron show. It's on Nickelodeon."

I asked her, "What do you like about Jimmy Neutron?"

"I don't know," she replied honestly.

Benjamin took some very poor naps this afternoon. He slept for about 30 minutes this afternoon and insisted on no morning nap. This is not enough sleep for a 16 month old baby to be getting. Jill told me this morning that he spends all day either getting into trouble and making mischief, or having painful accidents falling down, tripping, or leaping off of things he shouldn't. I did manage to see him playing in the sandbox this afternoon without being naughty or getting hurt. He spent about 10 minutes trying to shovel sand into a bucket.

When I got home from dinner, I noticed that Jill was in the process of forgetting about and throughly burning the beans I had asked her to boil briefly this afternoon. I think her plan was to burn the beans and then force me to eat chicken. I foiled her scheme by opening a can of beans and beginning the meal from scratch again. My only regret: canned beans, though still inexpensive, are slightly more expensive that dried beans.

We visited my grandma last weekend and really enjoyed ourselves. It was very relaxing and the kids were very well behaved. They got to spend most of Sunday playing with my cousin's son, Ariel, and they loved it. Grandma was in good spirits, and my aunt and uncle were able to visit for lunch before running back to the office to work on Sunday. We drove back late Sunday and I studied until midnight. I've been feeling a little behind all week.

No comments: