Thursday, October 29, 2009

Last night I told the kids that I would be studying in the university of chicago for most of november. I told them at different times.

Ben I told while we were walking back from the Forrest household, after I had fixed their computer. He didn't have much to say about it. Then he spoke up, "Look, Dad, a giant feather!" Nonplussed, I looked around. Sure enough, there was a sculpture in a yard that we were walking past that was a wire outline of what was either a curved leaf or a feather.

"Could it be a leaf?" I asked him.
"No, I don't think so." He replied; a three-year-old of absolutes.

May had a hard time going to bed last night and kept getting out of her room complaining of bad dreams. I gave her a snack, let her do some extra homework, and finally let her watch some of the first game of the world series with me. When I told her she got very upset. She cried and cried and cried. She told me, "Things are much better when there are two grown-ups around. When mommy's not at home, daddy yells alot, and when daddy's not at home 'it's going to be a bad day'." She had recovered by this morning, though, and was talking about the cadre of grandparents we've martialed to support Jill for the month.

Today Ben and I worked on cleaning up the back yard while Jill went to get her hair done.

No comments: