Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I woke up very early today, at 3:55 AM, so I could be sure to shave and get on my first train in time to make the 5:01 connection onto my second train. It was cold, with a small amount of frost on the ground, but not enough to make it slippery. I wore my fall coat, which is lighter than my leather, and a green hat with brown diamonds that Grandma Tina gave me last year. I walk quickly in the morning to catch my first train, and am even more hurried in the mild cold of southern NJ.

The moon was out this mornign, a slender crescent of white against the night sky. The wind whipped through the thin teal scrubs that I'm obligated to wear despite the fact that they're hip. In warmer weather, I see rabbits and sometimes raccoons when I'm up that early, but all the other animals were hibernating today.

No comments: