Monday, March 03, 2008

News Of The Kids

This morning, as I was getting ready to leave for school, May came downstairs and said to me, "Di, I have a surprise present for you."

"Oh, what is it?"

"Here you go!" She said, as she gave me two pennies.

"Oh, two pieces of money!" I replied. "Do you know what Daddy likes to do with money?"

"Give it to the bank." She told me.

Benjamin came downstairs to see me off to school, too. After I put my backpack on, he put his on too. Then, he pointed at the door and asked me, "Eh?" When it became clear to him that he was not going to go to school with me, he got pouty and sulky. He was angry enough to refuse me a goodbye kiss this morning.

News Of The Weekend

On Friday, we went to the Asian Students group Lunar Banquet. It was a lot of fun. I drank a lot and there was a ton of really good food. My favorite dishes were a creamy sweet broccoli and shrimp dish and a really sour pork dish. Also the eggplant in garlic sauce was to-die-for.

Saturday we went to the grocery store and then in the afternoon I went for a run. I took May in the joggin stroller (rather than Ben0 and she seemed to enjoy it. She fell asleep near the end of the run.

Sunday, we made a roast beef and watched some TV. Then Jill and I had a fight about whether or not we would fly to wisconsin for a fundraising party my dad is having for his chamber orchestra. The jury is still out on who won the fight.

Despite having a fight on the tail end of the weekend, it was very relaxing and fun.

2 comments:

Rokeach said...

The jury came back a few years ago, Sam; and the news ain't good.
Are you seriously thinking of coming back for a visit? Let us know.
R

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I start a fight just to get the blood flowing these days. That's what spouses are for, I figure.